Wednesday 13 January 2016

Brooke Shields Talks Giving Birth on the Same Day



Turns out Brooke Shields was only the second most famous person giving birth in the hospital on the day her daughter was born. 
In the mother of all coincidences, Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise's daughter, Suri, was born on the same day and in the same building as Shield's daughter, Grier Hammond Henchy. Both Grier and Suri were born on April 18 at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica.

The Hallmark Movies & Mysteries star dropped the news on Dirty Sexy Funny with Jenny McCarthy, and told the hilarious story of how she figured out she wasn't the only star in the building that day.

"I get to my room, it's all top secret I'm under an alias," she explains. "We had a decoy car because people had been following me to the hospital."


Keep up with Brooke Shields in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.



But when she arrived to her room, Shield says, "I look out the window and there's helicopters and movie cameras downstairs and news cameras outside. And I was like, 'This is an outrage. Who alerted the media? Can't I just have a baby?' "

Hearing that Shields was upset, a nurse walked into the room and told her, "Honey, it's not for you ... It's Katie and Tom."

The former model also spoke about attending Holmes and Cruise's2006 fairytale wedding in Italy, revealing that she was responsible for supplying the traditional 'something old.'

"She said it just wouldn't feel right without you there," Shields says of getting the invite from Holmes. "I said 'I'll bring the 'something old,' as long as it's not me!' "

After frantically hunting for the right item, she says, "We found this beautiful little compact that was enamel and it had a little ring on it so that you could dance."

But getting the gift was only half the battle. Before the ceremony, Shields wanted to deliver the gift to Holmes, "but getting it up to the room," she says, "I felt like I was 007 or [Jason] Bourne. There was so much security and it was all dark and it was quiet, it was so quiet."

All the added security did little to solve the real danger at the ceremony: the slippery medieval staircases. "It was really dangerous in heels," Shields says, adding that she, "Literally caught – which I could do with one arm – Victoria Beckham ... she took a header almost."

Shields also speaks about "people being up in arms" that she agreed to go to the wedding, but she jokes, "If you get invited to that wedding, you go. You go."
McCarthy quips back, "Listen, I wanted to break up with Jim [Carrey]way before that wedding, but I'm like, 'I'm going to hang in there for this.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment