Thursday 14 January 2016

'I look forward to sharing my story with you': Actress Kate del Castillo finally breaks



Actress Kate del Castillo has finally broken her silence about El Chapo after it emerged that the flirty text messages she exchanged with the drug lord led to his capture.
On Wednesday, she took to Twitter to thanks fans for their support in recent days - and add that she will be sharing her side of the story soon.

'Thank you for your support over the past days,' she wrote. 'Not surprisingly, many have chosen to make up items they think will make good stories and that aren't truthful.

'I look forward to sharing my story with you.'

The pair also planned a weekend indulging in wine and tequila together at his jungle hide-out.

El Chapo gushed that she is 'beautiful', 'the best in the world', and that 'I will care for you more than I care for my own eyes'.

The twice-divorced actress responded: 'It makes me so emotional to hear you say that, no one has ever cared for me, thank you!'

Throughout the texts, released late on Tuesday by Mexican newspaper Grupo Milenio, El Chapo goes by the name Papá, and Del Castillo by the name 'Hermosa'.

It sheds yet more light on how Penn came to meet with one of the most wanted fugitives in the world.

If you bring wine I’ll try it - I like tequila and Bucana but I’ll try the tequila that you bring, and champagne,' El Chapo says to Kate del Castillo in one of the texts, name-dropping her own branded tequila El Bucana.

'As I’ve told you I’m not a drinker but I will because you being here will be so beautiful, I’m very excited to meet you and come to be great friends.

'You’re the best in the world. We’re going to be very good friends. You will agree by the time you’re heading home. I wish it could be sooner.'

Later, Kate hands the phone to El Chapo's attorney who tells him Kate wants to broker a meeting with Sean Penn.

El Chapo has no idea who Sean Penn is; the attorney is not too sure either.

'He was in the movie 21 Grams,' the attorney writes, referring to the 2003 movie made by The Revenant director Alejandro González Iñárritu.

El Chapo says: '21 Grams, when was that made?'

The attorney replies: 'I’m looking it up so I can tell you the exact date.'

'Ok,' says El Chapo.

The attorney: '21 Grams was made in 2003... He’s also political activist... He’s been very critical of the Bush administration.'

El Chapo: 'Is that film his most recent'

His attorney: 'He has barely acted recently. Now he produces films.'

Penn won his second Best Actor Oscar for his role in Milk in 2008. His first was for Mystic River in 2003.

The lawyer later does some research and comes back with some more information on the elusive double Oscar winner.
Thank you for being such a great person. You are so beautiful in every way
El Chapo to Kate del Castillo, September 26, 2015, at 11.30pm

'The first movie he produced was The Indian Runner in 1991, the The Closing Guard in 1995, and The Pledge in 2001. Jack Nicholson starred in them.'



They also discuss which type of phone they should use to communicate with, going into details about all the pros and cons of the latest iPhones, Samsungs, and Blackberrys.

Del Castillo, 43, seems to have started a friendship with El Chapo Guzmán in 2012 after sending a tweet about how she would trust him if it became a question between him or the Mexican government.

A Mexican government official told El Pais it was this relationship that ultimately led to El Chapo's capture, as the drug lord was so desperate to finally meet her in person.

'We knew that he was going crazy wanting to see her, and that their meeting was in a house not in a mountain. He wanted to seduce her, as it were,' the source told the Spanish newspaper.

Sources say Sean Penn meeting helped El Chapo's downfall

At first, El Chapo and Del Castillo are communicating on his lawyer's phone.

Once he gets his own phone, he texts Del Castillo, whose name is saved as 'Guapa', shortly after 11pm on September 26.

'It makes me very happy to be able to reach you directly. Finally I can. Thank you,' he says.

She replies: 'Thanks to you I’m going to finally meet you, and I can’t describe how excited I am. Thank you for your trust.

'I have been trying to get together a team of people who are truly respected in Hollywood. I want you to hear what they have to say…
You know who I am, not as an actress or a celebrity but as a woman, a person
Del Castillo to El Chapo in October

'But aside from our project, I'm so excited to be able to see you with my own eyes, in person. THANK YOU.

'All I care about is that you feel ok with everything, regardless of any promises, and that you tell me exactly what you think after our meeting.

'I suppose I will receive instructions so I know where to go and all the details.'

El Chapo replies: 'Go to Sinaloa. Believe me, everything will be ok, I wouldn’t have invited you otherwise.

'I’ll look after you, you’ll see when you get here, and we drink tequila together. As I told you, I’m not a drinker, but I’ll drink with you to celebrate being with you.

'Thank you for being such a great person. You are so beautiful in every way.'

Kate responds: 'I'm telling you, I feel safe for the first time in my life. I’ll tell you my story when we have time to chat, but for some reason I feel safe and I know you know who I am, not as an actress or a celebrity but as a woman, a person.'

It is not clear from the texts exactly what date in October Sean Penn met with El Chapo, nor whether El Chapo and Del Castillo managed to have their weekend alone together.

In general, the Hollywood actor and the negotiations for a business meeting fall by the wayside. Their texts are mainly about each other.

On October 23, El Chapo wakes Del Castillo at 11am with a text to wish her happy birthday.

‘Good morning. Happy birthday from your friend who cares for you and loves you. I hope that you’re having a wonderful day with your nearest and dearest.’

He also says that he ‘loves her very much now and forever’, though the context suggests his words are more friendly than romantic.
My mother wants to meet you. I told her about you
El Chapo to Del Castillo in October

'Hahaha, thank you!!! Hello my wonderful friend, I'm going to call you, it will be an American number... I'll call you today! Look after yourself! And thank you [kiss emoji].'

He replies: 'Thank you, my friend, for your good wishes. I hope you're well. Your friend loves you. Bye.'

She says: 'I love my friend. Bye.'

The next day, El Chapo starts their text conversation at 1pm, with the phrase: 'How is the best and most intelligent woman in the world, who I love so much?'

And on October 29, he tells her that he wants to introduce her to his mother.

'My mother wants to meet you,' he says. 'I told her about you. Don't worry, nothing serious. Everything will be great.'

According to officials, Mexican law enforcement was tracking the text messages between El Chapo and Del Castillo.

The fugitive Sinaloa cartel leader was eventually apprehended last Friday.

On Wednesday, officials revealed he is being moved constantly from cell to cell inside a maximum security prison in Altiplano, just outside Mexico City - the same lockup the elusive drug lord escaped from through a tunnel six months ago.

Government spokesman Eduardo Sanchez said Guzman has been moved eight times at the Altiplano prison after he was recaptured on Friday.

The prison also now has 24-hour video surveillance of Guzman including all parts of his cell.

Mexican officials also revealed that they are investigating the meeting that he held with Penn and Del Castillo in October to see if any crimes were committed.


No comments:

Post a Comment